You may be aware of the importance of securing your digital devices but how do you select the best security option? In today’s digital world, there are numerous products available to protect your digital devices but you need to clearly understand Antivirus vs internet security.
At a high level, the options available include:
- Basic security protection, such as Antimalware, firewall, that is available as a part of the operating system.
- Antivirus software available as free and paid version
- Internet Security Suite software
Antivirus vs internet security, how do you choose the best option?
Here are few points to consider:
- The security options that are available with the operating system usually offer only basic protection. Enabling this can be considered as the first step to protecting your device.
- The antivirus software provides enhanced protection against malware, such as the virus, trojans, and worms.
- The Internet Security Suite software offers comprehensive protection against malware, such as adware and spyware. Additionally, the Internet Security Suite software usually provides security against hacking.
Now, how do you choose the correct option?
- If you are a novice user and have financial data, use an Internet Security Suite software that offers complete protection.
- If you possess the basic technical knowledge, aware of basic security features, use your digital devices at home, most have personal files, use antivirus software.
- If you have not installed antivirus, and not sure about the current security levels, immediately enable the protection provided by the operating system. For example, in Microsoft Windows 10, ensure that Windows Defender and Windows Firewall are enabled.